9/10/11

Recipe: Garlic Shrimp

We love shrimp here at our house!  My wife is a huge shrimp fan, so we always buy in bulk when it goes on sale, and leave it in the freezer.  The particular 2lb bag we used today was only $12, from Stop and Shop.  If you are eating Paleo you probably shouldn't eat it with rice, but my wife is incredibly skinny and healthy, and she loves rice, so she usually makes some.  This dish is similar to scampi, but without a less heavy sauce and no pasta.


Ingredients:
A bunch of Garlic
2lb shrimps (peeled/deveined)
Olive Oil


1) Peel the garlic


2) Peel the shrimps, I usually save the bag and put the shells in it (RECYCLE!)


3) Crush the garlic and put it in a frying pan


4) Add the shrimp and some olive oil



5) Cook on medium for 10 minutes (make sure not to burn shrimp, theres nothing worse!)




6) Enjoy.  I like to eat a side of WFM Organic California Veggie mix.  Glass of wine is optional.


Yes, I am a Food Renegade!

No comments: