9/7/11

Life goes on


Things are moving quickly here in my world. My wife just started her first semester at a new college which is the reason we originally left Boston. I am extremely proud of her and know that she will be successful. Her school is great and I know she will be able to take advantage of all the opportunities she has available. My new job is also progressing and I have made great strides, but there are still many things I am not confident with. This month-end reporting period has been extremely painful, but I do not want to get into all the details on this blog. Suffice it to say, the person who was servicing the account before me did not run a tight ship.

My other pursuits are coming along quite well. I have been following the primal/paleo plan closely and am going on my 5th day without beer which as readers of my blog know, is quite hard for me!. I have included some pictures of my meals


breakfast = TJ's Bacon Ends n Pieces + Cage Free Eggs + Guacamole + Black Coffee


pastured pork chop fried in bacon fat with onions garlic + WFM organic frozen california mix


cage-free chicken drumsticks + tiny bit of rice and veggies + big helping of guacamole + archeo nero d'avola (yes i drink table wine in a glass like this)

I have re-started my strength training program as well, which is Stronglifts 5x5 (link for those interested) which is simple and effective, with limited B/S. I am not a fan of any kind of machines and prefer free weights, so this plan is right up my alley. I am starting low, but am already feeling stronger, and the 5x5 program encourages constant progress. I totally relish the feeling of leaving the gym after completing a taxing session in which I made some kind of gain. The gym I am going to is part of a Gold's franchise, which are quite posh. Luckily I was able to take over the subscription of a guy at my job who is moving away from the area at the bargain price of $100 and there is still a year left! One of the gyms is located .7 miles and another is 2.5 miles from my office, very convenient.


Fantasy football draft hosted by commissioner ComedyDogg is tonight at 8:30. I will post a review of the draft and my outlook on the league in the next few days.

No comments: