These are the five items that I really hope Santa leaves under the tree for me this year.
1) Alden - Cordovan Norwegian Front Blucher Oxford - in "Dark Burgundy Cordovan" $615 - Realistically I will probably get a non-cordovan pair, that is $440.
2) Gitman Vintage - Pinpoint Oxford Button-down - this wonderful shirt is 100% Cotton and American made, produced on the east coast. It features a v-stitch pocket, box pleat, and narrow split yolk. The back collar buttons down for business, or can be popped for parties. A beautiful shirt, fairly priced at $132.
3) Patagonia - Lightweight R4 Jacket - The R4 Jacket is made from a warm, durable, microfleece, combined with a full-stretch laminate for windproof protection in cold conditions. I have always wanted a nice Patagonia fleece, and although I prefer a vintage deep pile fleece, I do not want my loved ones scouring Ebay and the local thrift stores to find one. $225
4) J.Crew - Whitman Tweed Herringbone Sport Coat - I need more tweed and other sport coats as I expand my wardrobe and this J.Crew coat with the herringbone pattern is a prime target. Make sure to take advantage of the 15% student discount, if you still have a college id card, and can pass as a student. $265 retail price, but but would cost my wife $225.
5) Sperry x J.Crew - Original Nubuck Chukka Boat Shoes - although these are a little steep, the 15% student discount plays to my advantage again. I love Sperry boat shoes and need a new pair, and do not want to drop the money for Quoddys, although they are awfully tempting. I love the chambray lining detail of these, as well as the fact that they are chukkas, not low tops. $125