10/1/09

Starbucks "Via" Instant Coffee




I feel that Starbucks brand integrity and coffee fanatic, like me, approval rating is already in the tubes, so their new "Via" instant coffee will not have much of an impact. At a buck a cup, I may even pick up a couple packs my self. I will say that it is a good business decision, since I personally know many people who claim to be coffee aficionados, but their knowledge is limited to what Starbucks tells them! As for me, I will stick with my French Press and Blue State Coffee.

Starbucks said its Via Ready Brew product is made by adding water to a single-serve packet. The packets will be sold in books of three for $2.95 or boxes of 12 for $9.95. Worldwide, there is a $17 billion market for instant coffee, according to Starbucks.

“We’re so confident that you won’t be able to tell the difference between Starbucks Via and our brewed coffee, we’re inviting customers into our stores to see if they can tell the difference,” said Howard Schultz, chairman, president and CEO, in a statement. -via Denver Business Journal


No comments: